We have an exciting, long-term opportunity available to join our family-owned, 6th generation mixed farming enterprise consisting of our Poll Merino sheep stud “Mernowie”, along with a mixed broadacre cropping, including hay and lucerne seed.
The Mid North is a safe, friendly place to live with close access to reputed Primary / Secondary Schools, thriving sporting / recreational opportunities, shopping and high quality health care, whilst only being 1.5 hours from Adelaide city centre.
We are a progressive and forward-thinking enterprise and are seeking for the right person who can help us grow and progress our business.
To learn more about us, we invite you to take a look around our website!
Qualifications & Experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, honest, healthy & trustworthy person with previous farmhand experience.
It is essential the right person has a passion for agriculture, sound mechanical experience, hold a current drivers licence and HC truck licence, and have the capacity to work long hours and weekends during peak times of the year.
Other traits and values that we are looking for in a new employee that align with our family business are:
- Observant an excellent attention to detail – We rely on our team members to think on their feet, and use initiative.
- Progressive mindset – We value your opinion and ideas in progressing our enterprise, and encourage you to bring new concepts and thinking to your role.
- Communicate effectively and motivated – You prioritise and plan in a team environment and are capable of working solo without supervision to achieve outcomes.
- Responsible and reliable – You take responsibility for your actions, are punctual and are willing to do extra hours when required.
- Dedicated to Personal Growth – Willing to learn and interested in personal growth and development opportunities.
- You have a can-do positive attitude and are organised, clean and tidy
Tasks & Responsibilities
The role is diverse, across all facets of the business, as such, previous farmhand experience is essential. Below is a summary of farm duties:
- Consider your safety and the safety of others as your number one priority in every situation.
- Operate and maintain all machinery safely and efficiently (Trucks, Header, Tractors, Front end loader, Boomspray, Windrower, Baler, Bob-Cat, Motorbike & Ute)
- Maintenance / servicing of all machinery and vehicles
- Carry out stock husbandry movement and procedures in a low-stress and humane way. This includes, but is not limited to intensive Stud operations, and basic stock handling (eg. shifting stock, drafting, vaccinating, drenching, tagging, weighing, marking, crutching, shearing, shed hand)
- General farm maintenance
- Participate in education, training and self-development opportunities
We will offer a flexible and fair working environment to support you to thrive at work, as well as understanding the need for downtime, ensuring that you have flexibility of your hours to spend with your family.
Your commitment to our business will be matched with a very competitive, full-time salary package including use of a vehicle. Our employees are also provided additional benefits on top of their salaries.
There will be a 3-month probationary period.
How to Apply
If you think you’d be a great fit for our team, then please email through your CV and a cover letter (to firstname.lastname@example.org) that includes answers to the following questions:
- What interests you about this position?
- Are you currently working? If so, what’s the reason you are looking for new employment / opportunities?
- Do you have any other commitments (sports, study, family)?
- What would be the biggest barrier to working for us?
Please supply 2 referees and last 5 years employment history and contact details. Include any other information that you feel is relevant to your application.
Any further questions please do not hesitate to phone me on 0419 839 280.
I look forward to hearing from you,